What We Believe
1. We believe that Jesus Christ is Lord. He is the eternal God, uncreated, but the creator. We believe that Jesus Christ is God incarnate, fully God and fully man, one Person in two natures. Jesus was conceived through the Holy Spirit and born of the virgin Mary. He lived a sinless life, was crucified under Pontius Pilate, arose bodily from the dead, ascended into heaven and sits at the right hand of God the Father as our High Priest and Advocate.
2. We believe in the trinity as unveiled and revealed in the holy Scriptures and the person of the Lord Jesus Christ Himself. The Godhead is one Spirit and yet three specific persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit; that this remains a true mystery.
3. We believe that Jesus Christ, as our representative and substitute, shed His blood on the cross as the perfect, all-sufficient sacrifice for our sins. His atoning death and victorious resurrection constitute the only grounds for salvation.
4. We believe that the 66 books of the Christian Bible are the inspired Holy Scriptures. This written word of God proclaims and testifies to the eternal Word of God, Jesus Christ Himself.
5. We believe that the Godhead has established His church through the physical death, burial, and resurrection of Jesus Christ. We believe that Christ is the singular head of His body (the church), and that the church is His people gathered spiritually by the born-again reality into the life of Christ. Therefore the church is not a single group, denomination, or tradition; but a spiritual people gathered in His life, name, and Spirit.
6. We believe that Hell is literal and eternal, and that it is the place of separation and torment for the damned. We believe that all humans who refuse to put their faith in Jesus Christ, choose this eternal place of separation from Him. Hell is also a place of eternal judgment for Satan and his angels.
7. We believe that Heaven is literal, eternal, and spiritual. It is the realm of God’s eternal throne from which he rules His vast creation.
8. We believe that the original sin of Adam and Eve caused a sin nature to come into themselves and be passed on to their offspring (the human race). We also believe that Jesus Christ, the second man and the last Adam, has been sent forth from the Father to offer reconciliation and salvation to all who will put their faith in Him. Men must be born again or they cannot see the Kingdom of God and Heaven. Jesus Christ is the way, the truth, the and life; and no one can come to the Father except through Him.
9. We believe that Jesus Christ will return to this physical earth to establish His eternal throne and kingdom. The Lamb’s bride, as defined in the Holy Scriptures, will reign with Him from the earth.
* Acknowledgements: The Generation Chosen doctrinal confession is taken in part from Terry Bennett Ministries.